Tuesday, November 05, 2013

The Reviews Are Coming In...

...and they're pretty good!

<NakedPitch>

A little more than a month ago, I released my first novella (i.e., about half a novel in length).

It has absolutely nothing at all to do with politics. It's a crime novel called Hard-Boiled, based loosely upon the private detective genre popularized first by Raymond Chandler and more recently by Robert B. Parker.

It's available on Kindle for $0.99, which means you can read it online, on your PC, on your Kindle, or even on your phone with all of the various Kindle apps.

If you're into the crime novel genre, give it a shot. You can read the first couple of chapters for free online.

If you do choose to read it, any reviews (good, bad or indifferent) are appreciated.

</NakedPitch>

1 comment:

John The River said...

Really sorry Doug.

If it was printed on paper I'd buy it and yes I own a Kindle.

Over the last few years I've been turned off and have turned away from all electronic media. First it mp3's that refused to play on half my devices, then ebooks that wanted to install software from the vendor before they would could be accessed and cost more than the dead tree version to boot.
I pay for Amazon Prime and therefore get access to Amazon's library of videos (TV and Movies). They play on the Kindle and restricted devices such as Roku but won't play elsewhere without my permitting vendor software to be installed first. So I buy DVD's, a physical media, I buy CD's and I buy books in hardcover and paperback.
I don't buy anything from people that assume I'm a crook. And thats the real issue, all vendors of electronic media believe that all their customers are all dishonest.
If I buy a paperback, and I like it, I can pass it on to a friend. Did that recently with "The Med" David Poyer. Not breaking any laws, my property, my choice. When I'm finished with a book and my bookshelves are full I give the book to the Church thrift store or the town library. My property, my choice.
After a while, and after buying a lot of movies and books used on Amazons Marketplace, I realized that every ebook and mp3 or Instant
Video I bought was bringing the demise of the used media market a step closer. That in the end the goal of the entertainment industry was to get paid, every single time anyone picked up a reader or turned on a device. And to end the private ownership and control of books, music and film.

So, sorry, that's why I can't buy your book. Release it on paper please?